Calder High School was opened in January 1950 and takes pride of place as Yorkshire’s first comprehensive school. The school catered for some three hundred and fifty students on its opening – a big change from the community of one thousand five hundred students and staff who work here today. Calder High School is now a Co-operative Trust School in The Calder Learning Trust with Brooksbank Sports College and Calderdale Local Authority.
We are situated in the heart of Pennine Yorkshire, in the village of Mytholmroyd approximately six miles west of Halifax. The school serves the Calder Valley, stretching from Halifax through Luddendenfoot, then Mytholmroyd, and beyond to the town of Hebden Bridge and the borders of Todmorden.