Deputy Headteacher (L12-L16)
Required for September 2018
Due to the promotion of our Deputy Head to Headship, we have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding individual to join our senior leadership team. The right person will bring with them a friendly, supportive manner that has a child-centred focus to education.
In September 2016 we converted to an academy and joined Robin Hood Multi Academy Trust.
We are in a very exciting position of being on a steep development curve to move the predecessor school’s judgement of ‘requires improvement’ to ‘good’ or better and the person appointed will be a key driver in this development.
Cedars Academy opened on 5th September 2016 replacing Cottesbrooke Junior School under the Robin Hood Multi Academy Trust. Here at Cedars Academy we have a special and unique learning community that is proud to serve the village of Acocks Green, and surrounding areas. The academy is a three form entry junior school with a capacity for 360 pupils.
We welcome applications from existing senior leaders that can demonstrate a passion for being part of a team that will lead our school to become outstanding!
This would be an ideal post for an individual with aspirations towards Headship within the next couple of years.
- Nurture and cherish the children, promoting their safety, wellbeing and learning
- Have a strong vision and ethos that supports our values and culture
- Be creative, enthusiastic and resourceful with a passion for teaching and learning
- Have a strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire children to learn
- Have a ‘can-do’ approach to the challenges of leadership in an Academy like Cedars
- Value the engagement of parents and the community
- Have a flair for analytical and strategic thinking in relation to Academy improvement
We can offer you:
- An energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued
- A chance to work within an Academy community that promotes outstanding practice
- A friendly, committed and supportive team of staff and governance
- Parents who value the school and children who have a thirst to learn
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development
- The opportunity to lead and contribute to the MAT-wide developments on leadership, learning and assessment.
- Health and wellbeing benefits associated with being an RH-MAT employee.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, qualities, competencies and expertise and are energised by the prospect of being part of our leadership team, then we would love to hear from you!
We strongly encourage you to come and have a look around and are open to visits week commencing 19th March, 26th March and 16th April 2018.
To arrange, please contact Mrs Jayne Barber by calling 0121 464 3178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As the sponsor, Robin Hood Multi-Academy Trust believes in working with like-minded educationalist and schools to challenge the status quo in order to:
- Create resilient, confident children who are well equipped to deal with an ever-changing future.
- Engage children in an innovative and inspiring curriculum that enables children to be inspired and believe that they can become anything.
- Help children understand that all success starts with failure. Everything comes back to mindset.
In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes.
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2018.
Closing date: Monday 30th April 2018.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 3rd May 2018.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Cedars Academy is an ever improving school. It joined the Robin Hood Multi Academy Trust in September 2016 and the children, staff and community have worked hard to build a school they can be proud of. We aim to continue to work together to build upon our strengths and become a centre of excellence for learning. Our vision for achieving this is through high quality teaching and learning with a commitment to valuing the potential and wellbeing of all members of the Cedars’ community.
We aim to work in partnership with all of our children and families to ensure that they are the best they can be. We want our children to become highly skilled, confident, and articulate young people who will be able to contribute positively to the wider British society. ‘What you do today, can improve all your tomorrows.’
- Address West Midlands